Sierra Wireless® AirPrime® WP Series provides an integrated device-to-cloud architecture enabling IoT developers to build a Linux-based product on a single module and seamlessly send valuable user and product data to the cloud. Offering an application processor running the open source Legato® platform, GNSS receiver, and cellular modem with an ultra-low power domain, WP modules reduce system complexity and get you to market faster.
- SIMPLIFY SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT WITH A DEVICE-TO-CLOUD ARCHITECTURE All the key hardware components of your connected product in a compact form factor to save board space and reduce total BOM (bill of materials) Integrated Legato platform that maintains your Linux distribution and includes an application framework, development tools, and community support Integrated AirVantage® cloud services make it easy to access product and user data into your backend enterprise applications.
- FUTURE-PROOF YOUR PRODUCT DESIGNS CF3™ (common flexible form factor) module design provides worldwide coverage on 2G, 3G, 4G, and LPWA networks, is compatible with HL Series of modules, and capable of supporting new wireless technologies The professionally maintained open source Legato platform for IoT enables you to reuse software components and applications in future designs with no vendor lock-in AirVantage cloud services with big data storage grows with your deployments and can power future revenue-generating services as your business evolves
- KEEP YOUR PRODUCTS DEPLOYED FOR YEARS IN THE FIELD New ultra-low power domain can reduce power consumption by 200x opening new use-cases for cellular where 100% connectivity to the network is not required Application sandbox within the Legato platform hosts your proprietary software and provides a secure place for 3rd party applications to enable future services for your customers Unlimited FOTA (firmware over-the-air) powered by AirVantage maintains optimized connectivity as networks evolve and keeps your data transmission protected as new security threats arise
- ARM core application processor with dedicated Flash and RAM running Legato® enhances security, reduces system complexity, and lowers overall BOM (bill of materials)
- GNSS receiver enables tracking and location-based services
- Ultra-low power mode reduces power consumption by 200x for battery or solar powered applications
- Compact CF3™ form factor with solder-down or snap-in socket options for ultimate flexibility in prototyping and build-to-order manufacturing
- Secure boot and value-add firmware with FREE unlimited firmware over-the-air (FOTA) upgrades for the lifetime of the module
- Interfaces include USB, UART, SDIO, HSIC, I2C, SPI, GPIO, ADC, PCM, and more
- Open hardware reference design from Project mangOH™
- Secure device-to-cloud architecture with AirVantage® pre-integrated into the Legato platform
- For Low-Power, Wide-Area (LPWA) solutions we are developing next-gen WP Series modules. In the meantime, many of our customers are designing now with 4G LTE Cat-1 modules in the CF3™ form factor so they are ready for the LPWA revolution in 2018.
- Free unlimited FOTA upgrades
- Device & embedded apps management
- Application enablement platform
- SIM & managed connectivity