Cel-Fi QUATRA is a scalable in-building enterprise cellular system that is a cost-efficient and easy-to-deploy solution for delivering high-quality signal in venues up to 200,000 sq. ft. It is a hybrid solution that combines the best of active DAS and Smart Booster technologies. It operates in off-air mode or can be integrated with carrier small cell equipment and operated in a distributed small-cell mode, creating a Supercell.
Cel-Fi QUATRA is self-configuring and self-optimizing distributes RF over Ethernet (RFoE) and leverages Power-over-Ethernet (POE) for ease and accuracy of installation by IT personnel. The system is easy to monitor and manage with the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform.
- Scalable active DAS style solution, for up to 200,000 Sq Ft
- Easiest-to-deploy and manage with regular IT skills
- Lowest installed cost per Sq Ft of coverage
- Carrier approved and unconditionally network safe for voice and data
- 100 dB Max Gain; signal maximized by AntennaBoost
- Self-configuring and self-optimizing
The Cel-Fi QUATRA Solution
The majority of cellular phone calls take place inside, but cell networks are outside. 80% of business users inside complain of poor coverage or dropped calls. A building’s materials, while improving energy efficiency, will block or inhibit cellular service from the outside network. To exacerbate the issue, cellular coverage is increasingly not optional. In fact, cellular coverage can be considered a safety or even regulatory requirement depending on the region. Building owners need a high-quality solution that can serve the middleprise and not take a year to deploy.
Integrators and Carriers have partnered with Cel-Fi to deliver a smart solution designed for middleprise buildings – Cel-Fi QUATRA solutions.
- Cel-Fi provides the QUATRA BOM Estimator to help installers select the appropriate equipment in the right quantity, to eliminate the heavy cost/time of the planning effort.
- Cel-Fi’s all-digital, scalable, PoE Cat5e solution makes it ideal for Single or Multi-Carrier environments.
- Cel-Fi created a new solution category that combines its core technology with the architecture of an Active DAS – to deliver an Active DAS Hybrid – built for Installers.
Speed of Installation, higher quality in-building cellular solutions, and cost savings – are some of the reasons building owners, facility managers, and IT professionals are making the smart investment in the Cel-Fi QUATRA solution.
A Solution for the Carrier
Cel-Fi QUATRA is designed to improve indoor signal coverage without any risk of interference on the mobile network. Cel-Fi QUATRA provides a sophisticated network-safe solution that has been engineered to deliver multiple levels of network protection:
- Uplink power control to prevent desensitizing the network
- Echo-cancellation and feedback control
- Uplink muting, when handsets (UE) are not detected
- Signal qualification (channels are individually qualified, so noise or very poor signals won’t be amplified and degrade the network)
The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform cloud-based portal enables an operator to monitor equipment and network KPI’s, such as channel configurations, RSRP, RSCP, SINR, and systems gains, providing control and optimization insight.
How it Works
Cel-Fi QUATRA is a scalable solution that utilizes one or multiple Network Units, depending on the environment and
size of the space, with up to four distributed Coverage Units connected to each Network Unit.
Off Air Mode
Cel-Fi QUATRA can be installed off-air, using either a MIMO panel or omni donorantenna to provide high-quality in‑building wireless connectivity. Cel-Fi QUATRA can be deployed by installers or IT personnel with Cat5e skills (no RF engineering skills needed).
A Supercell is comprised of a Cel-Fi QUATRA system connected to a small cell. Multiple Cel‑Fi QUATRA systems can be connected to a single small cell, or multiple small cells, to form a coordinated Supercell. A Supercell with Cel-Fi QUATRA is more efficient than multiple small cells, and the CUs of a Cel-Fi QUATRA system connected to a Supercell do not interfere with one another.